July 23, 2014
It’s been a crazy week. Last Thursday I got a call from my sister at 4am. My dad had flipped his ATV 10 days earlier and had been bleeding internally ever since. I ended up flying to Carson Nevada on the next available flight to hopefully see him alive one last moment. David stayed behind with all 6 kids. It’s been 6 days. Dad made it. He’s still in ICU but they expect a full recovery. So grateful. So emotional.
As I sat with my sleeping dad in the ICU for hours each day I was able to fill out the DS-260 online using my iPhone. Daily I had questions for our agency. We learned that the form needed to be filled out with Mohale’s pre- adopted name. Usually this form is filled out before adoption happens. Finally today I submitted it!
Look at our precious boy’s passport pic!! Oh it’s so hard to wait!! Our agency guesses at least one month until the USA issues a visa for Mohale.
Thanks for prayers for dad and baby boy:)