Good news and bad. Required to dissolve one adoption, the other is here.

December 12, 2014  HOPE.

Bad news first:  
We learned last week that the US Embassy has not approved Mohale for a visa to enter the USA because our adoption paper trail was done in the wrong order.  They are requiring the country of Lesotho to 
dissolve Mohale’s adoption
in order for us to re-do the last one year of paperwork in the correct order.  

(When we signed up to adopt from Lesotho, we were told we would be the first Americans to adopt from Lesotho since Lesotho became a HAGUE accredited country. We agreed to expect glitches, delays and setbacks as both countries learned on our family.  HAGUE is set up to help countries work together to provide safe, ethical adoptions for children. )

 Both countries want what is best for children- and we LOVE that.  

However, this is still crazy, horribly HARD.  


We have already had a little miracle regarding this setback of bringing Mohale home.  Because his adoption must be delayed, we must redo mountains of paperwork- at a cost.  Last week, the day we paid for our homestudy update and fingerprinting (totaling near $1000), we received an unexpected check in the mail from San Diego County for $990.  Then another family who is on their own risky journey, heard of our delay and donated $70 with a subject line that said “For Mohale <3)"  The setback expense was covered- and no one even knew we had this expense.  But greater than that, loved ones have faith that Mohale is coming home-even as we face setbacks.  I cannot find words to describe how uplifting that was.  God is lovingly, tangibly showing us that HE IS HERE.  OH HOW MY HEART aches to hold precious Mohale.  Yet, peace in God’s perfect timing is clearly here.  

Here’s a link to the devotions I stumbled across last week AND bible scriptures and devotions that friends sent to us when we were low….Encouragement


Good news too!!!!
As we are realing from this unexpected blast, we also received good news regarding our other baby.  

Baby J’s adoption finalization has been expedited to next week!!  

This is a surprise.  In early August, during my prayer time, I sensed in my heart that Mohale would not be coming home until next year.  Our international adoption agency had expected him to be home last June or July.  We had hoped.  Wondering if this was God or my imagination, I just tucked it away in my heart and waited.  Mohale is now turning into our fourth adoption.  ALL of our adoptions have had delays and frightening obstacles.  Yet, ALL of them, after losses, delays, obstacles etc- have resulted in our AMAZEMENT in the end at God’s perfect timing.   Perhaps in the midst of anxiety and impatience,  I really am learning a tiny bit to stop panicking and to “be still and know that (He is) God…”  Last weeks news regarding Mohale would have thrown me down had I experienced this in another season.  Yet, HOPE remains…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s